Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Veranada Altered Canvas Workshop Details

What to learn how to make a beautiful canvas that is great for a Mother's Day present or even to keep for yourself?

Keep scrolling down my blog for previous posts for upclose details.

Here is the finished product
So here's the details:

Date: Saturday, April 24
Time: 10:30AM - 1PM
Class numbers: Max 12 people
Location: My house in Talladega County, AL (call or email for specific location)
Sign-up Deadline: Wednesday, April 7* (to ensure I can order supplies in time)
Price: I promise to post this before I go to bed tonight. (Sorry, I don't trust myself to do correct calculations right now at 5o'clock in the morning.)

To Bring:
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Strong liquid adhesive (I recommend Beacon's 3-in1- Advanced Craft Glue. This can be purchased at Scrapbook Princess in Moody in advance or I'll have some available for sale at the day of the class)
  • Sharp Micro-tip scissors. Let me know by April 7th if you'd like to include CTMH's Micro-tip Scissors Z534 (pg 98 of CTMH's Spring 2010 catalog) to your class total for $9.95 plus tax & shipping.
  • Needle and eye (if necessary)
  • 12" x 12" Watercolor canvas (I purchased mine at Mich**l's). I can also provide this at an additional cost. I can't remember how much I paid for mine but will try to find out this week. Please let me know by Sat, April 17th if you need a canvas so I can go get one. (I live in the countryside so it takes a little while to get to the store to purchase it)
  • Medium size glue dots
  • Clothes you don't mind getting stained as you have a chance of getting dirty in this class.
Class kit includes:
  • 2 sheets of 2 different styles of CTMH B&T Veranda Level 2 Paper (as seen above).
  • 1 Full Set of CTMH Simple Alphabet Dimensional Elements (pg 94 of Spring 2010 CTMH catalog). With this you can change the word to better fit your picture. Some other ideas are {mother}, {love}, {friends}, {me & you}, and the rest is only limited to your imagination (and to the letters available on the sheet)
  • 1/2 pack (total of 52 pcs) of CTMH Just Blooms Paper Flowers including 2 flowers styles in 2 sizes and butterfies in a mixture of Tulip, Creme Brulee, and Colonial White.
  • 1/2 pack of CTMH Basic Craft Buttons (a total of 50 pcs) in a mixture of Bamboo, Chocolate, Cocoa, & Colonial White in varying sizes and styles
  • 1 1-oz bottle of CTMH Juniper re-inker
  • 1 3" diameter CTMH sponge
  • 1 CTMH foam tool (pg 97 of CTMH Spring 2010 catalog)
  • 1 CTMH Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Please contact me if you already own this and you can get another stamp pad in your choice of colors, replace it with the CTMH micro-scissors for an additional cost or be offered a reduced class fee)
  • 12" piece of CTMH Natural color Hemp
  • 12" piece of CTMH Chocolate Embroidery Floss
  • 10 CTMH White Daisy Just Bloom Paper Flowers (Five 2" flowers and five 2 1/2" flowers)
  • A color instruction guide
You'll also have use of some of my supplies including my Staz-On White ink-pad and cocoa re-inker. You'll also have free use of my stamp sets including but not limited to CTMH Retired Key to My Heart E-size stamp set & CTMH Retired Adorable D1183.

Want to make one, but can't come to class? No problem, I can provide a kit including instructions so that you can make at your leisure. (Stamps will not be included so you'll have to substitute or call me and we'll see what we can work out)

Need to make more than one? Add on the optional Second Kit upgrade listed below.

Optional add-ons:
  • Second-kit upgrade. Includes a full pack of CTMH Just Blooms Paper Flowers, a full pack CTMH basic craft buttons, a full pack of CTMH Natural Color Hemp and a full pack of CTMH Neutral Assortment Embroidery Floss. (You will need to purchase additional paper as needed)
  • CTMH Clear Sparkles Z1104
  • CTMH Bitty Sparkles Z1263
  • 1 sheet of CTMH Love Letter Rub-Ons in Chocolate
  • CTMH Filigree Charms Z1269
Please note we will be getting the art canvas VERY, VERY wet. If dried naturally, it can take between 24 - 48 hours to dry. I will be attempting to see if I can speed up the process by using a craft heater. If not, please be aware that we will finish all the elements in class, but you may need to assemble the actual project at home.

1 comment: